This painted screen is one of a set of three such panels (see Panel 1 and Panel 3). A similar panel is shown in a 1901 photograph of the interior of the Howell Rd temple in Tingha, so there were more than three panels originally. As the altar table in that photo originally came from the 1866 Rocky River temple, it is possible that these bamboo panels were also originally from that Rocky River temple.
McCrossin’s Mill Museum, Uralla
This is a continually evolving website, and more information about this object will be published as further research is conducted.